I’ve lived in Austin for a year and have been able to explore the city and everything it has to offer. Here is a list of the top things locals recommend to tourists that are all free, along with a few restaurants you must try out while you’re here.
Austin is vegan-friendly and has several restaurants to try whether you’re an omnivore or a herbivore.
A few restaurants I recommend trying are:
- True Food Kitchen
- Mr. Natural
- Vegan Nom
- Sweet Ritual
- Wheatsville or Central Market for groceries
How to save in Austin, Texas:
1. Hotels are overpriced and expensive in Austin. Use Airbnb and make sure to book ahead since they are so much cheaper than hotels. Get $40 for signing up with my link.
2. Use Uber to get around
3. Use Ibotta to save on groceries and hundreds of other items. Get $10 for signing up here.
4. Certain areas are walkable, like downtown Austin or Zilker Park area, but renting a car is still necessary
5. Get cashback on flights with Ebates. Get $10 for signing up here.
6. Get a $2.99 locals guide to find out all of the local spots that aren’t listed here.