Water is such a vital part of life, which is why I’ve decided to test my water to ensure it meets safety requirements. With what’s been going on in the news lately with cities having issues with their water meeting safety requirements, I thought it was crucial to test my water now.
Not only do I drink the water coming out of our faucet, so does my boyfriend, dogs, and friends that come over. A water testing kit is affordable and includes many different tests such as Lead, Bacteria, Pesticide, Iron, Copper, and tons more.
In Flint, Michigan, many residents went without safe water for a year, and the government knew what was going on. It’s better to be safe than sorry and get your water tested. Get some peace of mind and test your water for yourself. Related:
- The Ultimate Weight Loss Guide
- 50+ Ways To Make Extra Money
- 7 Books To Become A Better And Happier You
- 10 Small Changes You Can Make To Live Healthier
Below are 5 reasons why you should test your water:
1. To make sure your water meets safety requirements.
Water can, in fact, smell and taste good, with even the appearance looking normal, and still be dangerous. There are certain contaminants that our senses can’t detect. Even a very low level of the contaminant can have a harmful effect. Getting your water tested by using a simple water testing kit can ensure you have safe drinking water in your home.
2. Someone in your family is constantly having stomach related issues.
If someone in your family hasn’t been feeling well, especially having stomach issues, this could be related to the quality of the water they are drinking.
3. Your plants could be suffering from your water.
The quality of water is crucial when feeding your plants. In order for plants to grow healthy and strong, they need to be fed high-quality water.
4. You’ve noticed cloudiness in your water.
This can very well be a sign of a contaminant in your water.
5. You are pregnant or have children in the home.
Contaminants have a much stronger effect on young children, especially those who are pregnant. Health issues can range depending on the contaminant.
My Experience Testing My Water
I decided to test my water with a kit that only took a few minutes to give me results. I was the most concerned about lead levels in my water, due to what has been going on around the country with lead poisoning in water. Dangerous levels of lead can cause developmental issues, as well as many other issues in the body, so I was relieved to see that I’ve had clean and safe drinking water.
It was really easy to find out my results with a color-coded chart and instruction manual. The water testing kit is also made in the United States, which was important to me because I’ve read that you shouldn’t buy foreign-made tests from abroad.
Have you tested your water before?
Here are my go-to ways to having a healthy and fit body:
- 14 Day Lean Meal Plan: Find out how to lose the weight for good
- 21 Day Fix Extreme: A more intense version of 21 Day Fix, how I achieved my results
- 3 Day Refresh: Help kick off your health journey or break a plateau
- How Not To Die: A book to educate you on nutrition and health
- Fitbit: Stay motivated and on track with this fitness tracker
Get the FREE 5 Day Health Guide on a Budget
Join now to take this FREE 5 Day Healthy Living course!